JPC: OUR VISION & VALUES
JPC is a prestigious commercial and private client law practice that covers business law and individuals’ legal affairs.
The firm is looking to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced full time Property Litigator to work alongside the rest of the team in its thriving Dispute Resolution Team.
Our core values underpin the work we do at JPC, allowing us to provide the highest standards of service for all our clients.
We are proud to have a diverse team, who actively engage with our values. Our people deal with every matter professionally, efficiently, and respectfully.
We believe in:
Hard work: We know we are only as good as the effort we put in, and we are driven to work as hard as we can to get the results our clients want.
Humanity: We see our clients as people first and foremost. We bring humility to our work, bridging the gap between complex law and the clients we serve.
Expertise: We employ experts with a depth of legal knowledge that encourages confidence in everyone who engages with us.
Leading: We strive to be industry leaders, contributing to and developing the profession.
Creation: We face challenges with a creative mindset. We look for solutions where others may give up.
THE ROLE & THE TEAM:
JPC is looking to recruit an additional property litigator and has an immediate vacancy for a solicitor with 3-5 years PQE.
We are looking for a driven individual who is able to manage their own case load on a day-to-day basis and assist the wider team on more complex issues.
Our dispute resolution team currently consists of a partners, two assistant solicitors, a paralegal and consultant solicitor who deal with a wide range of disputes for both commercial and individual clients with instructions covering all aspects of commercial and property litigation including:
- Landlord and Tenant disputes
- Leasehold Enfranchisement litigation
- Right to Manage dispute claims
- Possession claims
- Rent and service charge recovery
- Service charge consultation
- Dilapidations and disrepair claims
- Breach of covenant
- Business lease renewals
- Real property disputes
- Rent Review disputes
- Party Wall
- Right to Light
Candidates must be IT literate with experience of using case/document management systems.
RENUMERATION & REWARD:
- Agile Working Policy (subject to satisfying the eligibility criteria fee earners are able to work no more than 40% of their working week working remotely)
- The company offers a highly competitive benefits package
- 10% of discretionary profit costs billed and paid in respect of introductions where the work is carried out by other fee earners (as set out in the Staff Handbook).
- Holiday entitlement: 23 days per annum in addition to the usual 8 bank holidays (which runs from 1st January to 31st December in any year). After you have completed two years continuous service you are entitled to an extra day’s holiday for each additional year of service up to a maximum of five additional days).
- Pension Scheme: Auto enrolment into the firm’s company pension scheme.
- Private Medical Health Scheme (including subsidised gym membership): Upon successful completion of probation, contribution towards individual membership of the firm’s private healthcare scheme subject to there being no onerous underwriting conditions.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Eyecare and Flu Vaccination voucher scheme
The successful candidate will be able to show they have:
- A minimum of 3-5 years PQE
- Experience in managing their own caseload on a day-to-day basis
- Excellent IT skills and experience in use of Office 365 and preferably used to working with a case management
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication and verbal communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and work in a pragmatic and proactive manner
- Ability to work in a fast paced, busy environment
- Highly organised and logical
- Able to demonstrate good team skills
- Good flexibility and adaptability
For further information on this exciting Property Litigation role, please contact Yashmin Mistry, Managing Partner – email@example.com