JPC: OUR VISION & VALUES
JPC is a prestigious commercial and private client law practice that covers business law and individuals’ legal affairs.
The firm is looking to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced Residential Conveyancing Assistant to join its existing and thriving Real Estate Team.
Our core values underpin the work we do at JPC, allowing us to provide the highest standards of service for all our clients.
We are proud to have a diverse team, who actively engage with our values. Our people deal with every matter professionally, efficiently, and respectfully.
We believe in:
Hard work: We know we are only as good as the effort we put in, and we are driven to work as hard as we can to get the results our clients want.
Humanity: We see our clients as people first and foremost. We bring humility to our work, bridging the gap between complex law and the clients we serve.
Expertise: We employ experts with a depth of legal knowledge that encourages confidence in everyone who engages with us.
Leading: We strive to be industry leaders, contributing to and developing the profession.
Creation: We face challenges with a creative mindset. We look for solutions where others may give up.
THE ROLE & THE TEAM:
JPC is looking to expand its Residential Real Estate support team and has an immediate vacancy for a Residential Conveyancing Assistant to join its buzzing Real Estate team.
For the successful individual, they will be joining a firm that has a busy and friendly residential property department, working closely with fee earners over various practice areas, and having full interaction with the wider team to help them (and the firm) to grow stronger. JPC is driven by highly experienced Partners and you will become part of a progressive and inclusive culture.
Candidates should have existing experience of assisting residential property fee earners with a busy conveyancing caseload currently as the role will require:
- Assisting with AML/KYC checks;
- Opening new files on the firm’s case management system and preparing template letters/ensuring correspondence and documents are contained on electronic files;
- Assisting partner/solicitors within the team with day-to-day case management;
- Transcribing work and carrying out instructions received by digital dictation or internal communications;
- Drafting and preparing template documents including standard letters, draft documents such as contracts, transfers, forms etc (with supervision);
- Downloading and dealing with Land Registry portal
- Requesting and ordering property or other searches (using search platforms);
- Managing and maintaining data rooms;
- Dealing with post exchange / completion formalities including HMRC, Companies House and Land Registry requirements;
- Liaising with clients, external contacts and other third parties;
- Assisting with drafting of invoices/financial statements and all subsequent forms/slips;
- Dealing with LMS/ULS/Lender Exchange platforms – downloading/uploading documents throughout transaction
- Noting undertakings and retentions and assisting these;
- Dealing with files for closure including reconciling, submitting deeds requests and archiving
- Adding key dates to a central diary (and adhering to all usual legal and firmwide compliance policies);
- Keeping contacts database up to date;
Candidates must be IT literate with experience of using case/document management systems.
RENUMERATION & REWARD:
- The company offers a highly competitive benefits package
- Holiday entitlement: 23 days per annum in addition to the usual 8 bank holidays (which runs from 1st January to 31st December in any year). After you have completed two years continuous service you are entitled to an extra day’s holiday for each additional year of service up to a maximum of five additional days).
- Pension Scheme: Auto enrolment into the firm’s company pension scheme.
- Private Medical Health Scheme (including subsidised gym membership): Upon successful completion of probation, contribution towards individual membership of the firm’s private healthcare scheme subject to there being no onerous underwriting conditions.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Eyecare and Flu Vaccination voucher scheme
The successful candidate will be able to show they have:
- A minimum of 3 years’ residential, conveyancing experience in a similar position;
- High level of IT skills essential and preferably used to working with a case management system;
- Fast, accurate speed transcribing dictation;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Excellent communication and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to take initiative and work in a pragmatic and proactive manner;
- Ability to work in a fast paced, busy environment;
- Highly organised and logical;
- Able to demonstrate good team skills;
- Good flexibility and adaptability;
For further information on this exciting new opportunity please contact Yashmin Mistry, Managing Partner – email@example.com