JPC: OUR VISION & VALUES
JPC is a prestigious commercial and private client law practice that covers business law and individuals’ legal affairs.
The firm is looking to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced full time Civil and Commercial Litigator to head up its existing and thriving Dispute Resolution Team.
Our core values underpin the work we do at JPC, allowing us to provide the highest standards of service for all our clients.
We are proud to have a diverse team, who actively engage with our values. Our people deal with every matter professionally, efficiently, and respectfully.
We believe in:
Hard work: We know we are only as good as the effort we put in, and we are driven to work as hard as we can to get the results our clients want.
Humanity: We see our clients as people first and foremost. We bring humility to our work, bridging the gap between complex law and the clients we serve.
Expertise: We employ experts with a depth of legal knowledge that encourages confidence in everyone who engages with us.
Leading: We strive to be industry leaders, contributing to and developing the profession.
Creation: We face challenges with a creative mindset. We look for solutions where others may give up.
THE ROLE & THE TEAM:
JPC is looking to expand its dispute resolution team and has an immediate vacancy for a solicitor and Partner with over 8 years PQE to leads its buzzing dispute resolution team.
We are looking for a driven individual who is comfortable in their practice professionally, whilst able to embrace our long-term strategy. The ideal person will have a solution-led approach.
For the successful individual, they will be joining a firm that has exciting growth plans where they will be involved with M&A transactions for the firm, working closely with other fee earners over various practice areas, and having full interaction with the wider team to help them (and the firm) to grow stronger. JPC is driven by highly experienced Partners and you will become part of a progressive and inclusive culture.
Our dispute resolution team currently consists of 2 partners, two assistant solicitors, a paralegal and consultant solicitor who deal with a wide range of disputes for both commercial and individual clients with instructions covering all aspects of commercial and property litigation, corporate disputes and insolvency/restructuring including:
Candidates must be IT literate with experience of using case/document management systems.
- Partnership and shareholder disputes
- Employment disputes
- Contractual disputes
- Director disqualification proceedings
- Property and construction litigation
- Insolvency & restructuring
- Landlord and Tenant matters
- Private wealth & Contested probate
- Property fraud and identify theft
- Professional negligence
- International Litigation & Arbitration Commercial Construction
Candidates will need to have a confident manner as the role will bring with it a significant degree of client contact and be required to show drive and a degree of autonomy to make a positive contribution to the department, the partnership and leadership team as well as the firm as a whole. The suitable candidate should have an ability to manage a team, work independently as well as within a team.
Business development will also be an important element of the role with the candidate expected to contribute to the growth and development of the department. Therefore, you should have a willingness to attend marketing and networking events and provide regular content for external newsletters and legal updates.
RENUMERATION & REWARD:
- The company offers a highly competitive benefits package
- 10% of discretionary profit costs billed and paid in respect of introductions where the work is carried out by other fee earners (as set out in the Staff Handbook).
- Holiday entitlement: 23 days per annum in addition to the usual 8 bank holidays (which runs from 1st January to 31st December in any year). After you have completed two years continuous service you are entitled to an extra day’s holiday for each additional year of service up to a maximum of five additional days).
- Pension Scheme: Auto enrolment into the firm’s company pension scheme.
- Private Medical Health Scheme (including subsidised gym membership): Upon successful completion of probation, contribution towards individual membership of the firm’s private healthcare scheme subject to there being no onerous underwriting conditions.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Eyecare and Flu Vaccination voucher scheme
The successful candidate will be able to show they have:
- A minimum of 8 years PQE
- Experience of leading a team in a senior management role
- Excellent commercial awareness and inter-personal / relational skills
- Excellent IT skills and experience in use of Office 365 and preferably used to working with a case management
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication and verbal communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and work in a pragmatic and proactive manner
- Ability to work in a fast paced, busy environment
- Highly organised and logical
- Able to demonstrate good team skills
- Good flexibility and adaptability
For further information on this exciting new Head of Commercial Litigation, please contact Yashmin Mistry, Managing Partner – firstname.lastname@example.org